BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. nayku

nayku Entrepreneur

Greetings EFix community!

So I've recently come up with a great product idea, something that doesn't seem to actually have anyone else that field (aside from major manufacturers) but nothing relating to what I'm doing, almost like an uptapped market. However, I do have a few things that are preventing me from moving forward.

First:
    I've been doing some Google-ing and can't seem to find any answers on this, but how exactly do I go about contacting a manufacturer to make my product. It's already an existing product, I didn't reinvent the wheel, I would just like to put my name on it. It doesn't need to be a big brand name like (example: Samsung or Nike) it could just an off brand company that doesn't care if I put my name on their products. Does anyone know how to go about doing this?

Second:
    Funds are quite limited, which makes this whole process a pain in the ass. Where are some places I could find investors? Or possibly obtain a business grant or SBA loan? I know there are local places that will hand out grants to solid business plans, or even 0% business loans.

The nice part about this business venture is that it's 100% online. I mean, at some point I guess I could put them in stores, but not even big companies are using this idea, which is shocking. (sorry I can't go into detail, otherwise it would give up my entire niche)

Any help would be great, this could be that breakthrough I need!

T J Tutor likes this.

2. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@nayku , welcome to entrepreneurfix, China is a right place to start for any type of manufacturing including replicating or white label (No brand).

In our community itself their are lots of investors ... please do elaborate your 'untapped product / services'. Anyone interested will sure be in touch.

Best wishes...

3. nayku

nayku Entrepreneur

I know of some chinese wholesale websites, but how do you determine which wholesaler would be best? What are the order of operations to get a white-labeled product? I've googled it and most results talk about what it is, not how it works.

4. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@ nayku, their are lots of ways each websites has their own listings and certification for 'best' .

But its not about who is the best its about what you want to get manufactured. By doing order 'backwards' , you get to know who can be best out of maximum 3 makers else you have to with 3 million. Example its going to be toughest to determine whom you want to manufacture next smart phone but its easy to find out who and where you get the 'SIP Card tray' for that smart phone or 'battery' or 'camera module' etc.

BTW we are eager to know your 'great product idea'...

5. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

If your product is already on the market then china is the way forward. If it is a custom designed product, then dont send it to china unless your happy with them selling it to the rest of the world also.

what you described in point 1 is what is known as private labeling or white labeling products, to do this you would want to head over to a site like alibaba and contact manufactures with the details on what it is your looking for. (you dont even have to contact them, you can post a buying request and have suitable manufactures contact you.

this guy made a walk through on the entire process (it's 5 or 6 videos i think, you can find the rest on his channel), it's based on getting a product for selling on amazon, but everything up until listing it is going to be the same (ofc you will still want to make sure the product is profitable wherever you plan to sell it.

Limited funds is the issue that I normally face. (biggest reason why i have not private labeled a product). You might find that you can get your products from china and then pay a local packaging company to do your packaging. I found that local companies have much lower minimum order quantity's but the price per unit is much higher and where I am they seem to be a lot more limited in what the are able to produce, obviously that will be down to the businesses in your area.

azgold likes this.
  6. Ewa

Ewa Entrepreneur

How do you go about contacting a manufacturer to make your product? - if you couldn't find answers online, might be the case you are in the niche. You might need to phone them yourself and present them a business idea. The manufacturers themselves possibly could sponsor you (franchise maybe?) if you offer them a share of your profit margins. And obviously if they see the potential in you.