BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

company name Ideas

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by JDI, Dec 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JDI

JDI Entrepreneur

Hi Guys,

Need your help here, I am planning to start my so called small hiking business trial run. I have all planned out with a buddy, except one thing. Our "company" name. Just a head ups for those who do not know yet, we are running a "Hiking Service" business where we "accompany" those people who wants to hike but have no one to hike with as not many people have the interest. We also guide for those beginners or those that wants to get fit through hiking. Yeah something like this, just a brief description. These are few of the names that we have thought but it kinda felt weird;

1) HikeWithUs
    2) Hi-King
    3) WanderLust SG
    4) HikeZone (apparently, there's a twitter account with this name)
    5) The Hiking Addict

We need a catchy name. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

My suggestions;

Hiking Buddies

Let's Hike!

Your Partner In Hiking

Hike Hike Away!

I do hope I had share some ideas for your company name :)

JDI likes this.
  3. JDI

JDI Entrepreneur

@ReadmeByAmy Loved your 3rd suggestions, it can be used as a tagline :)! Thanks!

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

What about, The Trail Wanderer? It perfectly suits your company, and its services. Well, out of all those company name ideas you have mentioned, I pretty much like HikeWithUs.

JDI likes this.
  5. JDI

JDI Entrepreneur

@dyanmarie25 The Trail Wanderer sounds awesome, if only I saw this earlier. Thanks for the Ideas!

Btw guys, I've started marketing it through Blogger, Instagram & Twitter. Do check them out & spread around.
    Website: www dot thehikingsquad dot blogspot dot com (looks like i can't post it as a link)
    Instagram: @thehikingsquad
    Twitter: @thehikingsquad

I appreciate each and everyone of your help.
    Thank you.

6. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

You are welcome. I do hope that you can use it as a tagline like what you had said. :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    JDI likes this.
  7. Barnes Thomas

Barnes Thomas Entrepreneur

Hey Mate!

I also like HikeWithUs.. But if you are really looking something unique then you must hope over Brandroot.com, a place where you can browse thousands of available business names.

JDI likes this.
  8. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Here's one you might like that I thought of while looking at your post:

Happy Trails

A few other candidates might be:
    Wok With Us! (If in Asia this might be fun)
    Run DMC (If any combination of your names have these initials, you could do it legally!)
    Accompany Travels (A Company Travels)
    Traveling Feet (Traveling Feat)

There's a few others, but these were the top of my contributions list. Hope they help. ^_^

JDI likes this.
  9. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

Maybe you can come up with something using the H.I.K.E initials (not easy, I know).

Other could be.
    Hike Five!

Regards!

Ladyferoz and setupdisc like this.
  10. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

A relevant name describes your business in fewest words possible. I usually consider short, easy to remember business names. Consider Hiky, Hikey or Hikaz. You can also consider longer names; HikenHike, HikersPeak, HikenWays, etc.

setupdisc likes this.
  11. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

There are really cool names suggested here, my favourite would be Hike Five and Traveling Feet (Traveling Feat).
    I do not really have ideas but keep it sweet and simple so people can remember the name and test it out on google Adwords to see if there are any similar companies.

12. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

I like puns....so go to an online thesaurus or rhyming dictionary and type in "hike" "trail" or "wander" or something and then look at the rhyming words and see if they are part of a common phrase, idiom, etc. It gets people to think "hey, that's clever. this could be fun!" If you're not into puns/wordplay, all I've got is..

WanderMust? Play off wanderlust.

13. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Let me give you a quick tip that I learned the hard way, try to use names that are easy to spell and lack any type of weird misuse of letters like a middle h or use a k instead of a c.

Come up with a name that you could easily tell to somebody over the phone or over the radio without having to clarify the spelling.

Another tip: be careful with the sites that you are using to check for the availability of a domain name, some have very fishy practices like registering a domain name once somebody searches for it because they now know that somebody would buy that name eventually and they can charge more.

Federico.Gimeno likes this.
  14. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I really like WanderLust! And I love the idea of your company! Especially helping beginners. Good luck with it all!

15. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I think a Latinized name would be catchy. My suggestions are Hike Hikoria, Hikutopia, Hikimania and Hikings Hiko.