Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!
Why not join our community?

Can someone help?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing and Promotion' started by ApKadmus, Jan 3, 2017.

Share This Page

1. ApKadmus

ApKadmus Member

Last year I started a publishing company and publishing services firm. You can see my finished website at VegasPulsePublishing.com.
    You see I've published several books and novellas already from authors.

I have the business already set in place, industry knowledge, ability to undercut larger publishing firms, website setup etc. but haven't been able to get my word out there. I have no social media presence and not much SEO knowledge. Also no networking. You see under my Services offered I have nothing there either for authors/clients in regards to Marketing their publications as well.

If someone can help either thru suggestions for increasing traffic and business, or even in becoming partners to aid in the endeavor, I would be interested in hearing it out. This is both marketing to help increase business as well as marketing of books from clients.

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Member

i would suggest to add a service where the books you publish for the writers are also sold on your website. Obviously, an e-commerce option would need to be added which you can get one custom made for your site or try to do for free by using WordPress.

Other than that, I would also recommend starting a blog as well on your site (WordPress - works great). You can talk about the work you do and services you offer first. Then talk about your bio so people can see your experience, discuss the publications you have successful done, and some positive customer reviews would help for sure.

After that, I would recommend you add an Facebook icon to all pages (usually a good place is on the right hand side of all pages) and other social media accounts for your business so people can like/follow you and you can update it by sharing your blog posts, ext to them.

Above is free advertising I recommend that you go ahead and by social media traffic, adwords, etc. Amongst those you published for you can ask to share on social media/email their followers (FREE) & other types of free (like craigslist) and paid online advertising along with TV promotion if you have the money to invest. That can really blow up your business but nothing is guaranteed, obviously.

Hope this helps!

Adrianna Nine likes this.
  3. JShivell33

JShivell33 Member

How have you been marketing the business so far? You mentioned you have no social media presence and not much SEO knowledge. That needs to be fixed. You need, minimum, a Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ account, and you need to be active on them on a regular basis, not only participating in discussion but starting your own as well. You mentioned on your site that you provide videos of books or authors. You need to make some yourself. as far as SEO, you need to either learn it or learn enough to be able to hire a reputable firm to do it for you. You have no keywords or rankings, so I did a preliminary analysis of your home page using the keyword "publishing services firm" and you got a score of 54%, which is higher than usual, but still not high enough. You need to find out what phrases authors are using to find your type of business, then use those in your content. You will also need to use them in your updates in your social media accounts, articles, and blog posts(if you do not have a blog, as William suggested, make one, and post to it on a regular basis).
    Getting back to your analysis, you need to use your keywords in the title tag and description meta tag. Get rid of the keywords meta tag, you don't need it. Or alternatively, you need to pursue the actual keywords people are using to find your type of business. Some of the other issues are:
    No "alt" tags on images
    add H1, H2 and H3 tags(headings)
    Insufficient content
    No keywords in content
    No backlinks

If yo can PM me your contact info, I can send you a copy of the analysis, and perhaps discuss it with you.