BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Buy Domain for Cheap Rate

Discussion in 'Creating an Online Presence for Your Business' started by lenorajohnson, Apr 5, 2016.

Share This Page

1. lenorajohnson

lenorajohnson Entrepreneur

I am just sharing my own experience as a beginner. I was thinking to start up a small company and was trying to get help from experts so that i could start it without any flaws. I got tons and tons of suggestions and advises from everyone. One of the advises is to buy a domain, which is the vital thing to start up a new business.

I got a domain in Hiox India in the cheapest rate. I am not a webmaster and i am someone who started looking for a hosting company to build a site for myself to host my photography portfolio. As a beginner i have no idea about how to deal it. The customer support helped me a lot with the technical aspects to get a clear view about that.

I have used the promo code HIOX50HOST and got 50% off on Web Hosting. Now i have started successfully and running my photography business.

2. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Your domain registrar and hosting are the same company? IF yes, it will be a great help in setting up website. You don't have to flit between registrar and hosting if you encounter any problem. Which content management system are you using? O thin k you should have wordpress because wordpress is best for the beginner.
    I don't have experience with any India based domain registrar and hosting.

arungoyal likes this.
  3. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

How much money did you pay, and how popular is the company? I looked it up and it is not well known, I will be more worried about relying on a cheap but low quality hosting company that cannot support the bandwidth.

4. Alaine

Alaine Entrepreneur

Another way to get a cheap domain names would be by finding godaddy promo codes and use them to buy a $1 .com domain name. I suppose other domain registrars also have promotions which you can take advantage of. I noticed that you can buy a .xyz domain name on Namecheap for less than $0.90. After buying the domain name you could use it on a free web host if you don't want to spend any money on hosting just yet.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Thank you for sharing this! Right now, I'm happy with my register and host so I won't be transferring any time soon. But I'll keep your suggestion in mind if ever I do decide to change my host. Anyway, the cons with using cheaper alternatives is that sometimes support isn't all that helpful. Server loading time can also be slow at times. They say, you get what you pay for... But that's not always the case if you know which sites are reputable and reliable.

I always try to search for reviews before trying out a website. After all, it's not difficult to find such reviews. You must take these reviews with a grain of salt though. Trust your instinct still and talk to the company before judging them. Contact their support before investing your money in them. Chances are, you will be with them for a long time so it's essential that you can talk to them and connect with them.

I hope this helps anyone out here!

:affiliatefix: