BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Abdul Qadeer

Abdul Qadeer Entrepreneur

I would like to learn some tips for a startup to start when the initial investments are too low.

What should a startup focused on this case. Is spending on marketing necessary at very initial stage?
    Does it helps?

2. Pejman Ghadimi

Pejman Ghadimi Entrepreneur

Be ressourcefull when you dont have resources. Means that make partnerships instead of buying marketing. Getting off teh ground is key but depending on yoru industry, some capital may be required

3. Nathaneal

Nathaneal Entrepreneur

Friends and family is always the first phase. If you don't spend money on marketing how do you expect it to get out? You have to get the name/concept out there in front of your potential customers. Social media marketing, for example, isn't very expensive.
    I hope this helps

4. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

Web presence is the best you can start with.

Go with a hosting company which provide cpanel , install any CMS , look for free template - install and get your web up and running. Get a toll-free or local number put up on the web. Then your social footholds followed by submitting to URL in google, bing and other search engines.

You should start seeing results in less than a month. Make sure you bring uniqueness of your product / service on top, with nice words, pictures etc.

Share how it goes...

5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Is there a business plan, and investment plan, a due diligence, forecasts, demographic studies, market research, etc. If none of these are complete, then there is nothing to market.

6. Abdul Qadeer

Yes without these things there is no business.

7. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

If you are saying you have these complete, where in your plan are you?

Do you hhave a product line, a service line, what are you going to market?

8. Abdul Qadeer

I am working on service line.

T J Tutor likes this.
  9. bob1978

bob1978 Entrepreneur

Ideally you need to make an image/brand for your service first, before tackling marketing. Afterall, how can you market without a brand? If you've already have that tackled, then you can move on.

If funds are lacking for marketing, then I'd learn the basics of everything related to the business first. If you're going to find clients online, I'd learn about landing pages & email lists. I'd learn about what you'll need for a website, associated website/domain name costs. I'd learn a bit about HTML/CSS, a bit about interface graphics, and user-experience (UX). You have all these basic skills, you'll do a better job in terms of setting realistic expectations for yourself, narrowing down to exactly what you'll need for the site, paying a reasonable amount to get it completed, or set you on a path of handling it yourself. A lot of times many folks who are ignorant of how these things work, discover, sometimes painfully, that they can't get a full website done for $10, or they can't get a new Facebook made within a week for half-month minimum wage, or they get swindled by some third-world scammer for what amounts to a basic site. Get knowledgeable on this part, and it'll help you forever.

I'd probably also start thinking about how to keep things organized and reasonably efficient. Consider using free apps to handle contacts. When your business starts moving, you'll find that filling out clients data takes a lot of your time. You want it completed as quickly as possible. So, find something that reduces this part of the process. Evernote for example lets you take a pic of business cards, and store the info into the database directly (premium feature unfortunately).

You'll also want to start considering collecting emails from folks - only those who are interested in your services. Those are very very precious to your business.

Before doing marketing, consider testing out your business on a few clients, and streamline every step of the process as much as possible. When you ramp things up with marketing, it won't end up as one big mess.

10. Lance Designs

Lance Designs Entrepreneur

Hey Abdul, if you need any help at all with website design, shoot me over a message!