BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Joe

Joe Entrepreneur

I haven't made a for sure name but it's a survival drone. A mini drone that if you're lost can be sent straight up into the air. It'll have a small camera so you can get a birds eye view and will be able to submit an SOS/give you better signal

2. Joe

Joe Entrepreneur

Opinions?

3. Kasim Abuaisheh

Kasim Abuaisheh Entrepreneur

I can see that being used like you described and for the military. I can see "helper drones" being used to aid in military operations.

4. Joe

Joe Entrepreneur

I'm sure they already have it

5. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

I like this idea. You'd have to package it in a very confined and effective manner. You could sell it in a kit with other survival tools (flares, flashlight, etc.) to make some more profit.

6. Joe

Joe Entrepreneur

That that wouldn't be hard the drone wouldn't have to be big, it needs to be hand size or smaller and possibly

7. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

Packaging electronics to a small, compact, yet efficient (eg. You don't have the battery heating everything up to scary temperatures/battery is breathing) is much harder than you would think.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Wow. That's actually a pretty good device. I am not so sure if it's going to appeal to the general public, but I think the military would love to have something like that. Best of luck!

9. Joe

Joe Entrepreneur

if I did it I would try to have a partnership with go pro to see if I can use their quality of lenses it griffin they already have drones that are small that last an hour or so.. I would include a crank charger. What if they had a drone connected to an oculus rift?that would be crazy

10. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

This has been done with FPV drone racing. It also adds another component that the user must carry. I would keep it fairly autonomous, teleop requires you to send a signal, which will surely kill the battery faster.

11. Joe

Joe Entrepreneur

I was saying the oculus rift thing as a whole different product not one I'd include mine would have a small screen on the controller which would be connected to a different battery source.

12. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

I would suggest using a mobile device, it eliminates yet another thing the user has to carry.

13. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Do you build the device? Or just buy it and resell it? How high can your device go up? Does it have an inbuilt camera?

14. Joe

Joe Entrepreneur

It comes as one a controller, a drone (detachable propellers), crank charger. I would have to do more research to see the average tree height and the technical things and yes

15. Joe

Joe Entrepreneur

I thought about it, I wanted it to have both possibly if the phone dies because with a phone I'm secure you can see a google image of where you are. I would plan to have everything In a small box with a controller roughly the same size as the controller (in theory)

16. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

The phone could have life feed of what the drone sees, or it could then send the pictures to the phone via Bluetooth. I feel like you're underestimating the packaging size though, it needs to be very small, hiker's bags are already crammed. :p You could have it so that if the drone loses connection with the device, it just automatically makes a safe landing, keeping the vessel in tact.

17. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

As mentioned, the military would like it. Another group who would like it are people who are doing roadtrips to where their GPS might stop functioning on their phone (but if they have something like this in their backpack or travelbag that still has power, they can launch it up to see approximately how far it is to walk, hitchhike, etc to the nearest gas station or small town to get assistance).

People who are hiking in nature would also use this. There's someone on this forum starting a hiking team that may be interested in this once things are coming along for them. Even if they know the way, it can be a vantage point in telling hikers that "not only are there trained and skilled companions to go with them, but there is GPS and even if that were to stop working, our team has a specialized mini-drone to help you to make it back to your starting point safely".

All kinds of possibilities.