BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. WillyWallace

WillyWallace Entrepreneur

The idea is to design a simple online platform/website where local venues(bars and restaurants) can promote their venue to all of the local community groups that are always getting together.

They would offer VIP specials on drinks and food.

For example:

-The local PTO gets together to plan out the school events for the year
    -The flag football team's coaches get together to watch football, drink beer, and gameplan
    -The local dog rescue gets together to plan

The list of small local groups like these is endless in each community, and for every neighborhood bar that does a good job of reaching out to these groups- there are always a handful that don't do a good job of it, don't really think about it...are clueless, etc.

Your thoughts are appreciated thanks!

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

There are already a few platforms like this out there and these restaurants are slipping away from most them now in favor of promoting themselves through social engagements instead. The biggest problem with that kind of platform today is the cost of generating the traffic to the sites as well as the traffic to the restaurants.

ctfranklin28 and WillyWallace like this.
  3. WillyWallace

Thanks for your input TJ I appreciate it.

4. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

Its a good idea but competitive. It would work best my doing door to door advertsing. Go into the businesses you would like to get involved with all of your information printed and on hand in a briefcase or folder. Explain to them how you can help generate more income for their business. Use a forum on your website for social engagement. Sell premium ad spots to local businesses.

WillyWallace likes this.
  5. ctfranklin28

ctfranklin28 Entrepreneur

I would agree with this quote! The idea of having a platform for people to gather has been dominated by social media, where business professionals already gather and self-promote. That doesn't mean the idea is lacking merit. I would encourage following it to see where else it can take you. Business ideas usually have some nugget that can be turned into reality!

WillyWallace and T J Tutor like this.
  6. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

How would this be different ? Would you be available on mobile devices ? And who are your immediate competitors in this space?

WillyWallace likes this.
  7. WillyWallace

Thanks bud appreciate it!

thedude likes this.
  8. WillyWallace

Thanks for the excellent questions!

I'm not sure who is currently doing this. My idea would specifically help local bars and restaurants cater to these hyper-local small groups in their communities.

For example...I coach kid sports, and a bunch of us coaches meet every week or so at our local bar. The bar doesn't offer us anything special- we go there because it's convenient.

But- if the other local bar were to hit us up with some sort of VIP special to hang out there instead- we would do it.

So the same concept would apply to all of the other small groups that gather somewhere.

I personally have never been marketed to in this way- doesn't mean it doesn't already exist somewhere...but I haven't seen anything like it.

9. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

If you don't know, then you have not researched your competitors or your market.

There have been companies doing this for over sixty years. I spent many years in the restaurant and nightclub businesses and these types of promotions were around then, back in the sixties and seventies.

Entertainment

Eat Drink Deals

There is another, much bigger service, but I forget the name at the moment.

I'm not saying your idea doesn't have merit, but understand you are stepping into a huge pool of competition.

You need to outline this idea, research the competition and design the platform, and get a beta model of the site up in order to determine viability.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    djentre likes this.
  10. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Like TJ said, there are quite a few that exist.

Of course, I think what you could try to do is help people bounce from club to club, restaurant to restaurant. So, if someone is at abc club and its really boring, they can go on your app and check out the "hotness" of a place on it. How you'd get drunk people to provide a number that marks the hotness of a place is a different story :)

You could use the same feature that would let people find out similar restaurants nearby in case the one they went to is booked or has a long waiting list. I have sometimes wished for an app that would let me check how many people were waiting to get in at other places, just so that I wouldn't have to walk up to that place and find it crowded. That is a pain point you may look to solve.

In any case, go ahead and research more so that you know what the market is like and who you're competing with.