BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Building Start Up Cash

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing and Promotion' started by amiller280, Mar 20, 2016.

Share This Page

1. amiller280

amiller280 Entrepreneur

I know a lot of you on this forum are already successful and have plenty of capital to play with, but I remember starting out I had almost no cash to spare and every penny I had counted. So I'm going to share a little trick that I have used in the past to pull in a little bit of spare cash on the side.

The main platform you will be using is Instagram. Make an account in any particular niche, my example niche is going to be pet supplies. Go online to aliexpress or any similar china import site with really cheap items. Find something that sells for a dollar with free shipping. Now either order the item, or simply find a real looking picture of it(not the generic picture on the site). Post this along with some other generic pictures to make your account look more real, around 10 pictures is a good number. Make the post with your item a giveaway, tell them to repost and use a hashtag so you can keep track of who entered. Now go find a huge account in your niche, go to their follow list and simply start following them. Do this everyday for a week or so until you have a pretty decent amount of followers and entries. Go to everyone who entered, send them a message saying they won the item all they have to do is pay 5$ in shipping costs and its theirs for free, send them a paypal link after that. A lot won't want to pay that five, but a good amount will be too excited about winning and pay it anyway.

You won't make a killing off of methods like this but its a good way to build up enough cash to pay for a domain and hosting!

2. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

So will you be delivering the product that they "won" or not?

And do you think people will trust you if you just send them a paypal link?

3. amiller280

amiller280 Entrepreneur

Yes you actually send them an item, but like I said a lot of people will be turned off by the paypal payment, but if people know how much the item usually is somewhere like amazon, they will buy it that cheap anyways.

4. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Oh ok. Then its a great method. I thought it was something blackhat types. I have actually done something like that using fb, but I had the item listed on Amazon.

Thanks for this method :)

5. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

Well that is certainly a nice little trick, but it does seem pretty elaborate and I am not sure if I would really be good at following through with something like that. When it comes to depending on others for your funds you have to account for a lot of speculation, which I tend to go on the lower side of so I just do not anticipate all that much...that is just me though.

6. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I am already on numerous social media sites and social bookmarking sites. However, I have never took interest on instagram. People say instagram is one of the best platforms to promote business. Your income generating method looks very interesting, , I may try instagram one of these days.

7. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

In pаrtiсulаr, yоu dоn't nееd а brilliаnt idеа tо stаrt а stаrtup аrоund. Thе wаy а stаrtup mаkеs mоnеy is tо оffеr pеоplе bеttеr tесhnоlоgy thаn thеy hаvе nоw. But whаt pеоplе hаvе nоw is оftеn sо bаd thаt it dоеsn't tаkе brilliаnсе tо dо bеttеr.Gооglе's plаn, fоr еxаmplе, wаs simply tо сrеаtе а sеаrсh sitе thаt didn't suсk. Thеy hаd thrее nеw idеаs: indеx mоrе оf thе Wеb, usе links tо rаnk sеаrсh rеsults, аnd hаvе сlеаn, simplе wеb pаgеs with unintrusivе kеywоrd-bаsеd аds. Аbоvе аll, thеy wеrе dеtеrminеd tо mаkе а sitе thаt wаs gооd tо usе. Nо dоubt thеrе аrе grеаt tесhniсаl triсks within Gооglе, but thе оvеrаll plаn wаs strаightfоrwаrd