BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bouncing Ideas on a Series of Websites

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by Ragriz, Jul 27, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Ragriz

Ragriz Entrepreneur

Hello all!

I have been an avid reader of the site for awhile now, but just decided to actually get involved.

Recently, I started a website based on food. So far everything is good, but I think I do better.

I have an idea to expand into a series of websites. All of them involving a specialized skill or activity. All of them being linked together in a way that can share information

I also have a second website now, that is mainly used for testing purposes. I was thinking of using that as a basis for a social media site of sorts. This site would act as a hub that all the other sites link to.

I believe that this network might be a way to collect readers/customers and lay the groundwork for branding, merchandise, and starting capital for further businesses.

Its a hazy plan now, but I would like to flesh it out. What do you think?

2. Isaac Kieffer

Isaac Kieffer Entrepreneur

I am no expert and have little experience in the website world. But from what I do know, and especially as a consumer. Is that I would love to use a website like AffilateFix(or this forms other form) if it was recommended to me by entrepreneurFix because I would know it is a good product. I think you should master the website you have now based off foods then build a website that your consumers would like after that. From what I learned its a lot about reacting to what the customers want, so if you go building a HUB website now and advertise that you would be a lot less likely to win over your customers than if you got a good following based on your food website. Then ran test and surveys to see what your following may want then. For example most people who need help with food are parents or the average family who wants dinner easy, so maybe the next best step from there would be to build a website based on home improvements or child development, it seems to me that the best way to build a business is around the customers wants. But what do I know (;

3. Ragriz

Ragriz Entrepreneur

I know to focus on what I have at the moment. I also don't want to bring in random sites. I would like to get one site to where I want it, then create a second with some similar overlap, similar to your suggestion. I would think that once I have brought the network around full circle, then would be the ideal time to establish the central media site.

Isaac Kieffer likes this.