BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

I have been thinking about setting up a blog to keep track of where I am with my project. Along with enabling me to keep better track of exactly what i am working on it also has the potential to increase traffic. The big issue I always have when trying to run a blog is that it is always so disconnected from my workflow that it often gets forgotten about (to the point where I go to set up the blog and turns out it's already been setup).

Does anyone know if there is a desktop app for wordpress.com?
    if not then I guess I will throw together a local web page to try and integrate blogging into my workflow a bit more.

The more I am thinking about it the more it seems that the webpage might be the best option, this way I can lay out each thing that needs to be done as a button working through the page in much the same way you would go through a flow chart.

How do you guys manage your workflow?

2. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

Safe, Simplest and the best is (5X10 Cm) white sheet and pen. Just write the days of work ahead before you start the day or day before including any from the dairy. After completing just tick the task. Once the whole sheet is completed just shed it.

3. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

I am awful with a pen and paper (cant read my handwriting). I was using any.do for the same function, but found it to be a rather clunky way of working. I would often find that I would miss a task when writing the list and while it seems like it might not be a big issue, when i have something interrupt me it completely annihilates any concentration or focus I had.

Most of what I need to do is pretty repetitive which is why I was thinking about making the web page. Out of every issue I have come across keeping focus on the task I'm working on, or where in the workflow I am is easily the biggest and the one that I struggle with.

4. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@CoolSpot , Recently when i met my professor he was sharing that most of the new students including us, have forgotten how to write using a pen. Even if they do .. you cant read :). That's the ground reality of today...

Nevertheless thanks for sharing ... I do used most of these apps, just gets lost in so many other apps like whatsapp, facebook, email, sms, mms, messaging, etc etc everyone using pushing messages and needing their attention.

So shifted back to my school days method. :)

5. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Cant agree more, the over use of push notifications is an absolute pain in the ass, I have minimal apps on my phone and I still get crap notifications.

6. silvadavid1689

silvadavid1689 Entrepreneur

Rightly said, notifications are actually a big pain

7. Li Jean-Luc Harris

Li Jean-Luc Harris Entrepreneur

Google "wordpress desktop app" and click the first one. i would send you the link but i'm new.

CoolSpot likes this.
  8. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.