BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

The Texas dairy business took a big hit from Goliath -- the deadly storm system that wreaked havoc in several states near the end of 2015.

The storm resulted in the loss of "hundreds of loads of milk" that were ready to be processed and many milk-producing cows weren't milked daily, according to Darren Turley, executive director of theTexas Association of Dairymen.

Read more Blizzard kills thousands of cows and threatens Texas dairy business

2. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

Aside from the storm I heard six months earlier there was also an e.coli outbreak in the cows which is leading to a shortage of milk today. E.coli is produced in the stomach of cows and happens because they're being fed corn rather than wheat their real source of food in evolutionary biology. Domestication really has it's problems.

3. Roxabox

Roxabox Entrepreneur

Oh no! That means the price of steak will probably go up! My favorite thing in the whole wide world...I can barely afford it as it is. :confused:

4. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

I live in Norway, we keep our cows indoors when the winter is coming, or there is a storm going on... and such.. hahaha

5. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I have a small dairy farm in Nepal. I have Holstein breed cows. Winter has been too harsh to my cows and the yield has been reduced by 50 percent. I had to build a closed shade and install heating system which increased the cost of milk production.