BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Edrick Pirveysian

Edrick Pirveysian Entrepreneur

Quick background on myself ---- I'm 25. I have a great full-time job, but I'm not satisfied. I desperately want to start a side business/project.

My biggest pain point ---- Time. There isn't enough time in the day. By the time I get home from work, take a breather, and have dinner, it's already 8:30pm... leaving me only 2 hours of "freedom" before I have to sleep again. It's so tempting to just watch TV or play Video Games during my "free time", but I always feel guilty after doing so. I feel like I have the potential to do great things. I feel like I should be making the most out of every second, because life is short.

WHATS YOUR BIGGEST PAIN POINT(S)?

2. bob1978

bob1978 Entrepreneur

Quick background on myself ---- I work freelance, and have been doing so for a long while.

My biggest pain point ---- Time and priority. Due to an extended and super intense freelance session that lasted years, I skipped learning some important skills that became apparent in the last decade, and most of my older clients left as I wasn't able to handle their projects, so they went on with their lives. I'm rebuilding from scratch - learning how to develop Wordpress sites & themes, learning the latest tech, learning marketing & promotion, finding clients, and so on, on top of earning for a living. I spend nearly every second of my day working. I don't play games or watch movies. There's just so much to do and learn. I organize as much as possible, but sometimes it's overwhelming. I suppose it'd help if there was some kind of progression app out there, sortof like how characters in MMO's level up. Though how realistic that is a question-mark - how does one measure progression in real-life? There are hardly any reference points to use as markers...

Anyway, I'm proud to say that I've at least accomplished some important long-term goals (backend development, database, completed a few personal web projects, etc..). On I go.

3. Chris Parrish

Chris Parrish Entrepreneur

You have already answered your own problems. Only 2 hours of 'freedom' time.
    There are 2 types of investment you can make, asset equity to use the money you have to invest (either into a business or paying other people to do the work to free up your own time) or 'sweat' equity to put in the time (usually a lot of it) into your project.

Right now I don't have money, so i'm throwing in as much sweat equity as I can. 3 days ago I quit my 9-5 job as Marketing & business development' being paid £900/month when I could have been throwing an extra 8 hours into my project that in the long run will get me to where I need to be. Did I take a huge financial risk? Absolutely but always remember if you are homeless, can't eat etc YOU WILL BE OKAY no matter what. Just cut your hours down at work if you need too we all have the same 24 hours, and with that you will either create your future or create excuses!

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Entrepreneurs are not generally subject to a specific pain because most of us have succeeded by being great at solutions. I suppose the most frequent pain for entrepreneurs is the temporary growing pains we encounter.

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  5. silvadavid1689

silvadavid1689 Entrepreneur

Biggest pain is to be innovative every time and stay grounded

6. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@T J Tutor , nicely put, the whole mammoth challenge in simple words. @silvadavid1689 ; could you elaborate more on how innovation is linked to staying grounded.

7. Maylis Boardman

Maylis Boardman Entrepreneur

You have weekend too though right? I am a bad procrastinator and because i work from home there are always so many distractions and jobs and little things that all add up that take me away from what i should be doing. Correcting that is something i am working on but would love to get a desk away from home so i could totally focus when i am in 'work mode'