BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Rohit sharma

Rohit sharma Entrepreneur

I am want to know your advice on this. Mainly for online businesses ? like ecommerce etc

ThePintusGroupLLC and K like this.

2. GTR

GTR Entrepreneur

Kickstarter would be a good idea or contact a small business lending facility that deals in business loans. Positive cash flow is a must.

3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Do you have a business plan, prospectus, or a proforma prepared?

Davis Adusu likes this.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I wonder if there is any website out there that offers loans to online workers. I think PayPal does that, but it's only limited to huge online business owners. I just badly need more money for the holidays.

5. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

Why don't you work online for free to join online jobs and get paid. Save cash and then start up. The time you use to wait for someone give you money to start, you can use it to make more cash for yourself. That's my opinion.

seancojr likes this.
  6. Marketer

Marketer Entrepreneur

Be honest with yourself. A loan, cash advance or borrowing in any form can just get you in debt deeper. It's hard to catch up if you can't keep up.

When I am short on cash I think of ways to make cash fast. There are 4 gold vintage rings I am saving as a back up cash source. I will sell these to a jewelry store when the price of gold goes up or if I get really desperate.

Look around your home. Put stuff on eBay. Get rid of stuff you don't need and have money to spend in just a week or so.

I take clothes to a resale shop and sell on consignment. That takes a couple of months to get a check but it all helps.

I have done secret shopper jobs for quick cash. Be sure you do a little research to find some good ones. I have added these if I will be out of town too. I can have lunch do the review enter the information and receipt later that day and get reimbursed for lunch plus get a few dollars for doing it. I have also got an oil change and done a review. I was reimbursed for the oil change and got $35 too!

I had a job for 2 years where I was a merchandiser for a major company. I worked just 4 hrs one day a week. I went to a local store did a quick inventory, ordered product and stocked what I had ordered the week before. You can check out narms.com
    Narms - National Association for Retail Marketing Services
    for this sort of job.

This is not really in a response for loans but rather other options for pretty quick cash.

seancojr likes this.
  7. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

You can save some money and then launch your business later. You can also ask your friends and family members to fund you. If you are not sure that your business will make a profit, then never go for loans which will require you to pay interest.

seancojr likes this.
  8. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Find a like minded people, share your business idea and convince him/her to invest for you. Kickstarter may be a good crowfunding platform but it is really hard to find people donate for your project.

seancojr likes this.
  9. Alaine

Alaine Entrepreneur

I don't think there is any site that offers loans to people who work online.

Those that offer loans will want to do a background check, ascertain whether you will be able to repay the loan then afterwards they might approve your loan request. Even peer to peer lending sites do that. That's why it will be hard if not impossible to find any company or financial institution willing to offer a loan to anyone unless they use collateral to get that loan.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I thought I was going to read a thread about ways on which people can get money to start up an online business, but the posts are more to do with people earning money online, and I'm not sure if thats what the OP had in mind.

There's a big difference in getting finance to start a business, and just getting money for your own needs and wants.

11. Biju

Biju Entrepreneur

Personally I put 10% of everything I make into a savings account. Even if it's just a $1. Then $0.10 goes into my savings account. I also have my checking set-up to put away a $1 everytime I make a debit card purchase and that helps a lot too.

Right now I've saved up just over $1,000 in 2-3 months doing this and I have some online ideas that I'll probably invest the money in. I expect to have anywhere from $3,000 - $5,000 in a year. We'll see where it all goes. Only time will tell.

pwarbi likes this.
  12. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

Many startup businesses are not ideal for crowdfunding in my opinion, people end to invest their money in interesting/"impossible" products instead of normal merchandise. It is difficult to get sponsors to fund your kickstarter or indiegogo project. If you do decide to go down this route, I recommend building relationships with people in that field, for example linked.in is a great example of where you can network. Then these relationships will help you get more sponsors either by word of mouth or social media. Crowdfunding results depend on how good your product is and your marketing skills. Other than that, you should look into business loans or other ways to raise funds (working online for example).

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

The 10% figure as been the rule of thumb Mark for a number of years now, and I even remember by grandfather telling me to save 10% of any money I get.

He'd go a bit too far though, as he did the same but 10% of any money he earned, got given or even found. Her find $10 and instead of thinking yes been lucky and spending it he'd stick a dollar in the savings and just spend the 9!

14. Spirit

Spirit Entrepreneur

Personally, I prefer to be self funded. It's certainly not the most efficient way and isn't making the most of leverage but it's more aligned with my personality. If I can get over my limiting beliefs then I may be open to outside money.

15. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Self-financing works. If you don't have the money lying around, then go for an F&F round- Friends and Family. Don't borrow on interest in the beginning no matter what.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  16. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

While I agree that self funding is obviously the best option, for a lot of people its an option that is out of the question. Even borrowing from friends and family isn't always possible, especially depending on what sort of business you want to start.

These days banks are a lot more lenient when it comes to business loans, and while I agree it's not an ideal way to start a business, a lot of banks will give you the expertise of a business finance manager aswell, so at least your not starting out from scratch with no one to turn to or advise.

17. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

The best source for beginning new business is saving up the money from a regular job, or from selling an asset to reinvest the money in your new business.

18. Khashoggi

Khashoggi Entrepreneur

If your business is going to run through an e-commerce platform you can look at pre-sales to generate some capital. Crowdfunding platforms allow you to sell a product before it is actually produced so guaranteeing you both sales and some upfront capital. It will also allow you to promo your site before the big launch.

19. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

For a small online business, I think @Bonyi has a good suggestion. Give it time to earn from sites that pay especially those paid article posting. And in due time, you can save money from those earnings which you can use as captial for your business. However, if you have a rich father or a rich relative, maybe you can offer your business plan to them. My husband did that when we put up our computer supplies retailing business. His first approach was to seek capital investment from relatives and he was not denied.