BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Li Jean-Luc Harris

Li Jean-Luc Harris Entrepreneur

Hello Everyone, i wanted to share with you lot one of many of my entrepreneurial projects. that my company LH Trading Groups Has Developed.

Overview and aims
    To give entrepreneur's and business owners a platform in which they can advertise their company and events for free with no limitations at all. the platform also has social features where users Rate, Comment, Add other Entrepreneurs And more

What Makes Us Different?

All members Joining Our website are vetted through the appropriate company Registration Websites. making sure they are who they say they are and at times doing background checks. we really want our site to be a truly benefiting site for any entrepreneur!

Main Problems Since launch
    1. Requests to join have dropped in half since the launch!
    2. Poor Ranking
    CHECK OUT THE SITE

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    azgold likes this.

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I poked around your site, love the concept.

A few things that I noticed, using it on a laptop:

- The font is extremely thin and some of the letters overlap each other
    - You need a proofreader or copy editor for your About page. You have grammar and punctuation errors
    - I can't type anything into the search bar
    - The site loads slowly (at least on my computer), probably because of the images. This affects your ranking.
    - You have no Privacy Policy or TOS links. This affects your ranking, too.
    - The homepage does not look very organized (just my opinion)

Are you tracking your visitors, so you know at what point you're losing them?

T J Tutor and VirtualGlobalPhone like this.
  3. Li Jean-Luc Harris

-Thanks for your feedback. the font follows a corporate theme and layout. as you have suggested this though i will redesign the website structure as i can see where this may be an issue
    -i've investigated the search bar issue and this is because of a change of font color in the search bar. i'll correct this tonight
    - Loading is another issue for myself. i will use a plugin to compress all the images to increase loading speed
    - i honestly had no idea no Privacy Policy or TOS Links cause bad SEO But i will have these added tonight :)
    - site is untidy probably due to an overpopulation in the Left Widget Panel. i'll de-clutter that!

as for tracking the best performing pages on the website is its blog-posts. followed by interactions throughout the site clicking on and off job posts. when people visit the "Request To Join" Page they normally click off it straight away....

4. azgold

Google likes that sort of thing. :) Privacy policies, etc., I mean.

Your site doesn't seem very old yet, it will likely increase in membership and rank given time, assuming you target well and have a user-friendly site. Obviously, people spend time on your site looking around, your bounce rate is nice and low.

What do people get if they join? What are the benefits of membership? I couldn't see anywhere that says.

By the way, from your homepage....

We Also Have An Entrepreneur Networking Website For Companies That Are Looking To Expand On there network

...there
    should be their

Actually, I'd remove the word, "On" too.

Sorry...I'm a former writer, this stuff drives writers crazier than they already are. :) So there's a freebie for you.

Li Jean-Luc Harris likes this.
  5. Li Jean-Luc Harris

All things i've forgot to add. benefits are the following
    -Free Do/Follow Links
    - Unlimited Advertisement with no restrictions
    - Member Pages And Groups
    - Free Personal Profile
    - PM Or Mention Users Within Activity Stream
    - Rate Places and events
    - auto location which allows users the closest places to them
    - Add/Follow Members Your interested in
    my poor spelling/grammar is due to my dyslexia.

6. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@Li Jean-Luc Harris , nice concept is it Global ? .

You have all the necessary info on the web but like @azgold said its not helping each other. UI needs to redesigned , the index page need to have less load so it can appear fast.

Normally these directory websites are places where websites collect data and start spamming. Hope you are not depending on the revenue by selling data.

7. azgold

You should have the benefits of membership somewhere people will see it, maybe even have a popup.

Re your spelling and grammar, that's what you hire someone for. :) Or have a friend who is good at that stuff proof it for you and make corrections.

8. Li Jean-Luc Harris

thanks for the feedback global. i'm working on restructuring the index page and compressing the images. please let me reassure you this is not to spam people. if anything its one of our showcase projects to let the world know the sort of services we are capable of doing.

DATA Stays within the organization
    . i'l be making this very clear in the privacy policy too when i've finished writing it and getting a solicitor to give it the OK

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  9. Li Jean-Luc Harris

I'll be adding this to the sidebar widget area where it appears on every-page we create.

as for grammar i'll do this from now on and make it a very important stage in the processing of future publications and updates :)

10. azgold

Great! If you need help, let me know. If it's small, I don't mind giving a quick once-over for you.

11. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

@azgold itemized this perfectly!

azgold likes this.
  12. Li Jean-Luc Harris

i've been working with new styles recently monitoring conversions to see which ones make more users. i've recently taking on a new entrepreneurial journey and i'm working on all the little details, making sure everything is perfect with this one. this is taking a lot of my time right now but i'll keep you lot updated

azgold likes this.