BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

I am currently living in China and I am always discovering new foods everyday. I have had a few interesting dishes here, and have fell in love with some foods.

The best I have tried is green pepper chicken stirfry (I am mainly biased because my partner made it).

For an official dish my favourite food was found in Yangshuo, China. It is called Yangshuo beer fish, a popular local dish made with beer of course.
    Beer-Fish-2.jpg

What is your favorite food that you have discovered during your travels?

2. 111kg

111kg Member

I am a big fan of the Hungarian cuisine. The "bogracs gulyas" is amazing :D If you happen to go to Budapest, there is a nice little restaurant right near the bridge with chains.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  3. Valerie

Valerie Member

When I first came to Japan 5 years ago, I had the opportunity to sample the freshest sushi in the world at Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo--the place where tunas are sold for millions. Never in my life have I had that quality of sushi, and probably never again. Waking up at 5 am to eat fish was awesome, but I need sleep more lol.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  4. Corazon

Corazon Member

I am a jet-setter of sorts since my husband and I travel at least twice a year for tour relaxation. Last 2015 we were in 6 countries. But the best and our favorite foreign food is the Lamb Biryani in Hongkong. It is a Middle Eastern food which also has a contemporary in India which is the briyani. That Lamb Biryani of Ebeneezer in downtown Hongkong is the best foreign food for us. And we never miss to dine in that restaurant whenever we go to Hongkong.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  5. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Oh yes, I tried that too. Hong Kong is such a melting pot of cultures, I tried Ebeneezer the first day I was there. It was amazing, sadly I forgot the name so thank you for reminding me. I will definitely recommend it to other people. I had butter chicken and my boyfriend ate lamb biryani. I will go again.

Corazon likes this.
  6. Peyton White

Peyton White Member

Best Food for me was when I traveled to Dubai last year. It was heaven for me since I love eating spiced foods and Dubai's crawling with great spicy food. I like the Shawarma dish covered in veggies and a special sauce!

[​IMG]

7. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

I don't like spicy food but the dish in that picture looks good!

I've been thinking about it and I'm having trouble pinning down one best food overall. Each country left me with different food memories - whiskey cake, paella, potatoe omelets in Spain; goat, bonito in Jamaica; a rice, bean and lobster dish in Cuba. Those were my three favourite countries for food.

Have to say that the coffee in Spain was incredible! I absolutely loved that.

8. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

Yeah, I have never been one to have favorites. There is such a large selection of that which is great and that which is fine out there throughout the world. I love it all!

9. Nathaneal

Nathaneal Member

Odd, but I had some fantastic pizza while in Barcelona... I don't usually eat pizza, but my sweetheart got it and I decided to taste it and WOW; I was blown away

10. G4LJW

G4LJW Member

I think enjoyment of food is often closely linked with your enjoyment of the place and the people around you, and these things go together to form som great memories. I often remember some simple pizza I had in Rimini, Italy, in a lovely little cafe near the beach. Also, I have fond memories of Greek salad eaten while enjoying some autumn warmth in northern Greece.

11. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

That's such a great point! I totally agree with you.

By the way, forgot to say that the U.S. introduced me to grits...loved them! :)

Don't think I can ever bring myself to try biscuits and gravy, though. Just can't imagine it, makes no sense to me. o_O

12. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

I know you like meatloaf, gravy, and gobs of mashed potatoes, so I am sure you would love my biscuits and gravy!

azgold likes this.
  13. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

If you made them, I'd try them. :)

T J Tutor likes this.
  14. Peyton White

Peyton White Member

OMG! I like this a lot! I tried making Shawarma at home but still can't get the right recipe for the sauce,,

15. Barbara Arthur

Barbara Arthur Member

For me it's bibimbap. It's good for your health and it tastes great. It has a nice homey feeling to it. I also make this at home because i love it so much. Good thing there's a Korean store near us where I can buy the ingredients like gochujang.

[​IMG]

16. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

@Barbara Arthur

That looks fresh and delicious! Do you eat that egg raw?

17. Hostissimus

Hostissimus Member

I love breaded meat more than I should. I could eat it the rest of my life. :D

18. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

I feel the same way about bacon. :) And cheesecake. And mashed potatoes with butter.

19. scaleclack

scaleclack Member

I love pastas and meat flavored pizza, usually the one with cheese and creams. For desserts, I will always be going for all flavors of cheesecakes.:)

20. ekhlas

ekhlas Member

I have been to London many times. The best food I ate there is Baked potato or jacket potatoes. Also I loved English breakfast.