BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is Craiglist Dead

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Share This Page

1. Naddey

Naddey Entrepreneur

If you don't know what arbitrage means:
    The simultaneous purchase and sale of an asset in order to profit from a difference in the price. It is a trade that profits by exploiting price differences of identical or similar financial instruments, on different markets or in different forms. Source investopedia

Well, I was trying to use this method of business on a couple of websites Craiglist & Fiverr.
    What I did was put a listing up for as a CV/Resume writer offering to write or rewrite for a price.
    I would use Fiverr to source people that can actually do this work for a lower price than I was charging. Working as the middleman basically. I found out about this method from another forum, can work for you if you find something people want. Its greet to gain a little cash to grow.

The problem I ran into was the fact that craigslist is dead in UK, it does not have much attraction over here only had about 3 sales:eek: No point trying to post in the states because that don't work.

After that I don't want to give on this whole arbitrage thing.

Have any of you ever used this method?
    What selection of services do you use?
    Is Craiglist useless everywhere apart from the US?

setupdisc likes this.

2. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I think you're right that Craigslist is (for the most part) either dead or dying. A lot of the buying and selling on CL has been replaced by groups on Facebook, or apps like OfferUp. You can probably maintain your Fiverr pool, since that doesn't seem to be going anywhere right now.

I would focus on going direct to who your customers would be, since Craigslist has declined to the point where it can't be reliable for what you are trying to do. There are nearly 100 million US residents out of work right now (1/3rd of the nation), and at least half of those have given up on trying to find job placement. Trying to sell them tools to help land those jobs may not be practical (even in the UK, should the same experience and situation be happening), while many others may still want it, but don't have the money to even spend on that like they should and used to be able to. Only in select cases where they really need to refine their existing resume or put one together for a job that is practically guaranteed will they agree to pay to have one done for them.

Finding people who are still looking would be crucial, such as leads to people on LinkedIn, Monster.com, or Jobing.com

You can still find people globally on reddit, twitter, and other areas online, but it might be best to make a list of Temp Agencies and places which arrange and conduct Job Fairs in both the US and UK, and then contact them directly to see if you can offer your services to their clients.

Craigslist seemed to dry up officially around 2013, and it doesn't look like it's going to be coming back.

With so many people out of work, it makes sense to become an entrepreneur now more than ever to create your own wealth and work wherever you can.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Naddey likes this.