BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Zuckerberg Jr

Zuckerberg Jr Entrepreneur

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    Michelle Bondesio likes this.

2. Susan Stirn

Susan Stirn Entrepreneur

I love Pat Flynn. He is the main reason why i reignited the need to do my own thing. I can't say enough great things about his blog, podcasts and demeanor when interacting with podcast guests. Stellar guy i'd say.

Michelle Bondesio likes this.
  3. rainmaker

rainmaker Entrepreneur

Yap, this guy is the real thing. His blog is full of info that is much better than some of those WSO products out there. One thing I like is that he does not promote any of those products in his email when u subscribe to his mailing list unlike many of those IMers or so called IM gurus.

There is also this guy by the name of Charles Ngo. His blog is also full of info and inspirational articles. Go check it out.

4. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Entrepreneur

He's certainly doing well for himself and I'm sure he's put plenty of effort into getting where he is today. I have looked into the possibility of doing affiliate marketing before (about 2 years ago) but it seemed at the time there were some negative connotations to it. I don't recall all the details but I seem to remember a few people who had worked as affiliate marketers on an employed basis, but were never paid. Is there anyone here who has had any measure of success at it on an employed basis, say anything above $200 a month. If so, who are you working with, how much do you earn for what time outlay, and what would you say are the biggest pros and cons of affiliate marketing ?

5. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

As something I've tried I can say that it's really hit or miss every month.

You can make $1000 one month, and then all of a sudden $6

It's scary

6. Steve Dawson

Could you go into more detail about your experiences with it Jade ? How did you start, who with and what were you doing ?

$1000 a month sounds pretty wonderful to me, how do you acheive such success when you do have a good month, and why does your potential income vary so much ? Is there any way you can maximise your potential earnings to avoid very low-earning months ?

Sorry to pile so many questions on you, but I've looked into it, and I must admit, it seemed a little scary. I've also been unable to really pick the brains of anyone who has had any real measure of success with it as they seem to like playing their cards close to their chest, which is understandable if theres only a limited amount of potential income to go around.

7. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

I've taken advantage of Amazon's affiliate services. Basically, it's just about where you ask people to use said link. I used to run a pretty successful forum for computing and would occasionally post links to whatever item I mentioned thus getting sales. The problem is that this relies on other sales that you cannot control. For example, if someone buys $4,000 worth of stuff more than likely they will not buy again for a long time. The also downside is normally it's a minuscule % amount you get for each sale. So something big for your affiliate may =/= good money for you.

Ultimately, you're much better investing in an idea. Even simple.

8. Steve Dawson

Many thanks for the response. I do have some social media channels where I have in the region of 2,000 daily views. Do you think these would be suitable for promoting such a link ? What sort of payment options do Amazon provide for their affiliates, is there a limit on minimum payments ? Is there a minimum response they require before you start getting paid ? What sort of information do they require from you up-front, and is there a geographical limitation to who can take part ? (I'm in the UK)

9. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

Yeah but you have to include items they'd buy. For example a good example would be.

How to remove wallpaper in 5 steps!

Things you'll need:
    Wallpaper Remover Tool * Your referral/affiliate link
    New Wallpaper

This way in case people do not have the items mention they'll have to buy it. They will too because they are there for a reason.

10. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I don't know. I used to read him, but I don't think that his reports have ever been real. Usually, when someone brags too much about his success, there is something fishy about him, reason why I take everything that Patt says with a grain of salt.

11. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

Pat Flynn got me started in affiliate marketing. I loved everything about he clean he was. He never cam across as wanting to up-sell me anything, just to genuinely teach me what it was about. His podcasts are phenomenal, even though I've always had a fear that I could never get so far doing podcasts. I liked how monthly he would breakdown his income reports, which actually allowed you to go directly to his websites so you could see the content and how it was marketed. Great guy Pat Flynn.

12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have never heard of him before, but yeah, he sounds pretty amazing. Just by doing affiliate marketing, he is now able to earn around $1,000 a month. I feel kind of inspired and motivated to work even harder online. Maybe I should start mastering the concept of affiliate marketing. Who knows, I could be successful in this field too. :)

13. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Typical newbie reply. If there was a way of mastering the affiliate marketing sector, you'd be making millions in no time, but truth is, you have to experiment a lot and whatever may work on a niche will never work on the other niches.

14. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I think it can be done. Most online entrepreneurs recommend trying several trends and seeing which ones work, then duplicating as you go along. Thing is, there are so many trends and frustration accompanied them all when they don't work out or take too long. I often tell myself that if I can just consistently make $100 per day, then I can learn to make $200 and $500. I just need to find my groove.

15. nailah783

nailah783 Entrepreneur

That's nice that you found someone to inspire you like that. I have never heard of him before, but sometimes all it takes is to be able to model yourself after someone who is successful. I hope everything works out for you like it did your hero.