BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Following news regarding the launch of its own Black Friday store with exclusive deals for Prime members, Amazon announced this morning that it will actually begin selling its holiday deals this Friday, November 20. Typically, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving here in the U.S., meaning it would be November 27 this year, but Amazon says instead it will offer 8 days of holiday deals with 10 “coveted” (higher quality) deals starting at midnight on Thanksgiving, and up to 10 more on Black Friday.

In addition, the retailer will also be heavily pushing mobile and same-day delivery this season with a lineup of deals that can only be found via its mobile application, and support for two-hour delivery on select “Deals of the Day”.

When Amazon announced the Black Friday online store, many were disappointed to see it was initially filled with lower-quality Lightning Deals at the time of its debut. And getting early access to Lightning Deals is something Prime members can already take advantage of throughout the year, so it didn’t seem to have much of a draw at first glance.

Read more Amazon Starts Black Friday Early

2. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

I heard about this my social media was booming with Amazon deals from friends, internet celebs from snapchat, facebook and youtube-- great online marketing. Amazon is really stepping up now, the competition with retailers get so hot during Black Friday. I guess shopping online will decrease fatalities that happen in the store during this time of year so that's pretty good. I bet they backed up their servers for that increase in online traffic, LOL owning a business makes you think about the backroom in sales a lot.

3. K

K Entrepreneur

Is it only Prime members who are going to benefit this year?