BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Macferguson

Macferguson Entrepreneur

Hi entrepreneurs,

Hope you are well!

I am currently looking at becoming an affiliate but the product is not available on affiliate sites. So now it is up to me to negotiate a contract with the supplier, but how exactly do I go about this?

New business development isn't my forte and I don't know where to start.

How would I initially contact the supplier? What would I put in the body of the email or say over the phone?

Because this product is rather rare at the current time there aren't many businesses who have this product so the risk is extremely high and I want to get this perfect!

Please let me know if you have any great ways to approach a company for an affiliate service.

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

You have an few options here. You can approach an Affiliate Network (like mine) and see if they can work out an deal with whomever the company is that has the product your looking to be an affiliate and let them negotiate. Here is how I would suggest approaching an affiliate network and/or an company about starting an affiliate program.

* Look around on their site for direct email addresses, contact form, phone number, or possibly writing an letter by mail if you are not successfully about to get a hold of appropriate person via phone or email.

* Send an email to them or fill out the form. If they break down staff names and titles then you should go with an business development manager or someone on the executive staff.

If sending to correct person listed, by sure to make it professional looking by starting with Dear {First Name,} or {Dear Ms/Mr, Last Name}.

In body introduce yourself and business as you are trying to sell yourself to them and give them superb first impressions as those are the lasting ones. Then tell them what your looking to do with partnering with them as an affiliate and ask them to contact you. Provided all your contact information so they can choose how to get a hold of you.

* However, if sending an letter by mail you would add up top your mailing information and theirs (like old times) and if by phone, speak professionally but follow the same principles as if it was an letter.

If you have to email an general email address then you can be professional still but you can use the person's name that checks that email box or put "To Whom This May Concern", tell them what your looking to do and to see if they can either give appropriate contact persons information or if they can forward their message to them and they get a hold of you.

Now you wait up to an week and if no response, following up would be needed.

T J Tutor likes this.
  3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Also, in an letter, do not forgot to end with "Best Regards" or "Sincerely" and your name/contact info in sig.

4. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

The best option is to contact their research and development department. They would be naturally be receptive of such an idea. You can also approach the marketing department which complements this department. Using a phone to strike the initial correspondence is not recommendable. Writing a formal email and then following up with a call notifying them of the email usually works out well from experience. Keep it simple but effective. You should pitch for your competencies and experience as an affiliate marketer in the email as well as the sales targets you wish to realise given a chance.