BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I'm new to making money online, but a more determined fellow than me you will never find. When I just started out I was excited about all the promises of how easy it was to get traffic, make offers with an auto-responder and watch the money roll in. That, clearly, was not the case. Many people offer real, free information, but because it's so much and varied it takes a long time to absorb and when we try them out, after spending some cash we don't have, it's depressing when we check everyday and nobody bought what we offered. Is there really an easier way to learn affiliate marketing or just making money online as most of the promo videos suggest? What's a newbie to do to start really putting in some work for real online rewards?

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Well do not get discouraged. Most of your traffic will not buy anything from you. It is the ones that do bjy that will make you successful.

Keep educating yourself. Do not give up.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have never tried affiliate marketing before, but what I know about making money online is that it is never an easy thing. If you want to gain success in this field, you have got to work hard and be very patient. Don't lose hope. Keep striving. All the best!

4. The Real Chad Cook

The Real Chad Cook Entrepreneur

Hi @arthnel , thanks for sharing your insight. However, a good thing to master when starting an affiliate marketing business is to know your medium. If you're marketing to everybody, you're marketing to nobody. Knowing who to target will increase your ROI (Return On Invest) more rapidly than just throwing your affiliate link(s) against the wall to see what sticks.

Another practice is to become educated in the industry. You can do that using simple methods such as find a mentor that you resonate with, opt in their newsletter list, model after them. The key is to LEARN, APPLY & TEACH. This will help put posture to your brand (YOU) and create organic following, which drives leads and sales.

There are many methods that you can practice until it's mastered. Just be professional, have a servants heart, and master the 3 C's to Online Marketing (Create Traffic + Capture Leads + Convert Sales). Brand YOU, not your affiliate company.

Hang in there champ. Never bring emotion to the workplace. It takes time to learn. I believe in YOU!

5. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

Thank you very much Chad. I always look forward to great advice. You're absolutely right about knowing who I'm marketing to because my most overwhelming feeling came from literally feeling stretched thin. I've tried marketing several products at the same time using many methods like solo ads, ad words/ad sense, magazine ads and some PPC. Like you said, nothing is sticking to the wall. So I go back and I do some research but sometimes the patience runs dry. I'm still hanging in there, just waiting for that break-through.

The Real Chad Cook likes this.
  6. The Real Chad Cook

You're most welcome @arthnel. Solo ads, google adwords & adsense, ppc.. would be best to use when experienced. There are SEVERAL free methods that you can apply to generate traffic and leads to your offer(s). As a new marketing enthusiast, the best practices for affiliate marketers is to master the 3 C's. (Create Traffic + Capture Leads + Convert Sales). Keeping things simple and fun is the ultimate motive and throughout all the years of my experience, it seems to be the most effective.

7. nailah783

nailah783 Entrepreneur

You are giving out some good advice, but what are the free ways that you mentioned? I feel like that is what a lot of people don't tell you because they are using what works for them, and they don't want you to come in and take away their traffic. I keep giving up on affiliate marketing because I can't seem to generate enough traffic. It's very frustrating.

The Real Chad Cook likes this.
  8. The Real Chad Cook

@nailah783 With this industry generating over 400 billion dollars a year, I doubt the fact it's because they don't want anyone taking their traffic. Here's why... when you KNOW that you are putting out remarkable value, people resonate with you, they start to build that "know, like & trust" factor with YOU. Therefore, people will stick to that person.

A real leader isn't concerned with who or what they're going to loose. The energy isn't focused on a loss.

As far as the how-to's... that comes with proper training. How does a person eat an elephant? Piece by piece by piece right?
    Same concept with Online marketing.

The real solution for you is, IF you are considering getting back involved with Online marketing is to find yourself a coach / mentor that YOU resonate with. It doesn't have to be me, just someone that you feel won't "Goo Roo" you around.

Make sense?

9. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I think perhaps the biggest market in online marketing and making money online is the Newbie market. There are millions of people who will gladly spend millions of dollars on really good products that would help them to really make dollars online. It's purely logical to me that if products are developed that will help new people make money and give testimonials of the great help they got in the first place, then millions more would take out their wallets to buy the product or service. Some genuine products are out there but very far and few. One of the major hurdles for Newbies is the fact that the good stuff gets hidden in the large load of information they have to sift through. In many cases they don't find the vein of gold because of a great depression that sets in. But if I were to target the Newbie market...WOW:D

10. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I may be too late at the party, but here is what I'd do if I were you: I'd try to find an affiliate website that is pretty successful and then apply the same techniques for a different niche. Of course, it may not work (for a lot of reasons), but chances are you'll make a couple of sales and earn some money. Once you do that, it will be much easier for you to see what really works and what doesn't.

11. The Real Chad Cook

Regardless how great a product or service is, people buy from YOU. YOU are your best product and your leadership is your best service. This is always the very first thing I teach my students in our marketing university. However, without having the proper training would be the same as buying a car with no engine. It "may" look nice & shiny but will stay stagnant.

In Online Marketing, the simple rule of thumb is... the more you learn, the more you will earn. This is why our marketing school is open to the public and the knowledge given can be used with any business.

arthnel likes this.
  12. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I am guessing that you're not using a tracker to determine the coordinates of the traffic and it's value in relation to your site and or landing page(s). Wth your tracker, you can identify and then eliminate the bot traffic. Then, if you have any conversions, you can eliminate the non performing traffic and scale up the performing traffic.

Have you done sufficient research on your target audience? Have you studied the demographics you are targeting?

If you were to share your site and traffic details we may understand better whether your design, graphics, and copy are working for you or help you identify the issues that result in poor performance.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. We have three forums (look in my footer) that combined should offer up everything you require to put yourself and your business on the path to success pretty quick. Here are a few suggestions:

Learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
    Read through the various areas of the forums to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
    Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
    You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
    This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
    2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
    3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
    2. Select a vertical
    3. Select a tracker
    4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
    5. Select a traffic source
    6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
    7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
    8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

[​IMG]

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

arthnel likes this.
  13. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

@The Real Chad Cook I totally agree that the person behind the product is the biggest factor in terms of the product and what it delivers as it relates to service is a direct reflection of the man/woman behind it. what they think about and their personal approach will have direct impact that will weigh heavily on the chance of its success. That also leads me to the very great advice @T J Tutor when he posted earlier about treating like a business. I think this is a major hurdle for the new guy. It sure was for me. The comforts of home will provide just that - lots of comfort. So just being able to sit down and complete what yo set out can be challenging. I think many people successful at online marketing (the dotcom lifestyle) are people who approach the work as a business. Dressed down of course and being their own boss:). But they approach work as serious as any corporate company man would.

T J Tutor likes this.
  14. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Absolutely on target @arthnel !

15. xeylonfm

xeylonfm Entrepreneur

You are one among many that always hit this kind of bump. You are promised big returns, information flows freely, some offer videos and eBooks and even podcasts, but when it comes to the actualization phase, no one is willing to stand by what they taught or said! Not quite strange, but that should tell you that they too are frustrated and have little to show off, of their success. However I am going to lay you some golden elements that you need to consider first, before you spend all you have without ever making a penny:-

1) A high converting product that is being bought in hordes- This is the first one you need. You have to make sure that that your profit margin is high enough, you have to do some research wether the product is loved out here and that people want it. You need to do some preliminary research with tools like Google Keyword Planner (highly recommended), Quantcast, Alexa…just to mention a few. You have to establish that there is sufficient targeted demand at the product. If the per-month keyword targeted to the product is less than 50000, I suggest you seek another product to promote.

2) Quality, voluminous and targeted traffic: this is where you begin raking in the profit. There is flooding traffic in the internet but you as an affiliate marketer need targeted traffic…let me repeat that: you need targeted traffic. You have to shape the traffic in such a manner that the people coming to take a peek at your product have a deep interest already. This would make sure your ROI remains higher.

3) You need a robust system to support the business enterprise. This is the backbone of your business. You need to have autoresponders (Aweber, Trafficwave, e.t.c) and you need some quality lead capture pages (Themeforest has some high quality ones).

Now you can skip the business enterprise to simply send traffic to the offers but you would miss on tracking and vital statistics which is not good for business. Try to invest and set these up. I can guarantee you, you will begin making sales before you know it. Just like in any business, once everything is done right from the start, there would be nothing to frustrate you. Don’t compromise on anything my friend. Wish you luck.

arthnel likes this.
  16. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

@xeylonfm Many thanks for your quality words of encouragement and great advice. I'm currently working on an offer and sometimes I wonder if I should just stick to the basics or try to be different in my approach. I'm trying with Clickbank products and JV Zoo but part of me is just rearing to try putting together my own product and that will take time before it's ready for market. I've tried some of your recommendations before and will look into the rest, course. At the same time I'm working on researching and implementing exactly what others are doing and how they get their traffic but it's not yet promising. I also have an issue with product selection but I'm refining that too as I go along.

17. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

if you do not persevere you can not do anything for the soul