BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Mr.Trep

Mr.Trep Business Owner Entrepreneur

Have you ever read a blog post titled like so, "Before You Start A Business Checklist"?

Most things on these checklists simply slow you down and keep you from getting to what you're really after; paying customers!

I've compiled a list of things you should NEVER do before you have at least three paying customers.

• Blogging
    • Registering a DBA (Doing Business As) Name
    • An EIN, unless you are a partnership
    • Business Cards
    • Incorporation or an LLC (this comes WAY later!)
    • A Website
    • Office Supplies
    • Designed Materials
    • An Email Signature
    • A Brand / Mission Statement
    • Twitter Account
    • A Fancy Porfolio
    • A Business Email Address
    • Paypal
    • Business Bank Accounts
    • An "About" Biography
    • Press Kit
    • Invoice Templates
    • Logo
    • SEO
    • Updating Social Media Accounts (Personal)
    • Signing Up For Industry or Business Newsletters
    • A Business Phone Number

If you really think you need one of these, that's ok. There's nothing wrong with wanting a sexy email address and signature, but it keeps you from focusing on what's important. Why do any of these things if you don't technically have a business yet?

p.s. If you have any other ideas of things to add to the list, please let me know :)

Sincerely,
    Mr. Trep

308Digital and K like this.

2. 308Digital

308Digital Entrepreneur

Nice checklist Mr. Trep. I figure the next logical question someone starting a business might ask is just how do they go about finding their first paying customers/clients. Here is an article that should help those looking to answer that question.

How to Get Your First 3 Paying Clients

K likes this.
  3. K

K Entrepreneur

Not sure I agree with all these tbh, especially the website one for a new business I think it's pretty essential. However I totally agree you need to see if your business is going to work before doing most of the others.

4. Mr.Trep

Mr.Trep Business Owner Entrepreneur

Obviously, if your business is a website or you do something like affiliate marketing, the requirements are different, but for a service or product, it should be thought of later. Would you rather spend your time getting clients/customers or building a website?

You must be direct within business.

K likes this.
  5. MrSock

MrSock Entrepreneur

I believe we can focus on both strategies I wouldn't like to be seen as a small business that would disappear or be unreliable quickly. When I visit a business I look for social media, blogs, support and consumer reviews.

6. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

I gotta agree with K on the website thing, even if your just developing a new product. A simple one page site that lists out the details of what the product is I would say is pretty essential, I mean if someone hears about your new product, first thing they are going to be doing is hitting google to look for more information and where they an possibly order one. If you are lunching a kickstarter, again I would say a website is pretty essential, and for kick start I would even go as far as saying that social media is pretty essential, you need to keep you product in from of the people that is going to be targeted at.

With all the sites like wix and the templates for wordpress etc, you can have a basic site up in 20 mins to an hour, so from my point of view, not doing it is gonna do more harm than good.