BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1200$

Discussion in 'Investments' started by James Fresh, Feb 8, 2016.

Share This Page

1. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

So i am unemployed atm, but working on my Personal Trainer certificate..

Im considering spending the 1200$ on developing a Personal Trainer Online Coaching service, with a mobile app.. But not sure if i should do this, or spend it on new clothes and such.. My pants have holes in the croatch area etc..

2. Valsthrivers

Valsthrivers Business Owner Entrepreneur

If you are online, the pants don't matter! Follow your vision and the pants, or money for the pants will happen. I bought into my entrepreneural biz with 800 bucks I was saving for sales tax on a car we desperately needed. I didn't intend to promote, I just wanted enough product for six months and to get the best value. I actually sold that pack in 2 weeks as samples, got mine free by day 4 and earned 660 in 2 weeks as a bonus for newbies. Did I mention my hubby found a car right after I bought this? Anyway, at 9 weeks I hit my autobonus and the car got paid for. Sometimes, you just need to jump in headfirst!

3. Spirit

Spirit Entrepreneur

How about doing a bit of both? If you're serious about building the business then you'll do what you need to do to get there. That doesn't always mean throwing money at the situation - you can probably do a lot without spending $1200. At the same time, you've got to consider your personal brand. If you're looking scruffy and not looking the part people will be reluctant to hand over money anyway.

4. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

Spending money on learning a professional skill is worth it. You can always earn from it. Consider this as an investment on yourself.

5. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

You should spend your money on something that will last for a long time and give you value afterwards. Make sure to make the best out of what you buy...and make sure to invest in success as well. If you need new clothes to help you be successful...then by all means...do what you have to do. It's about the correct priorities at the right time.

6. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Don't put the need to have a business before your need to live and survive. I did that before when I was younger and it was not a good idea. I suffered for it. The business I wanted came later anyway, but it would have happened a lot sooner if I had paid attention to my needs even more than my wants or aspirations. All of these are important, but you need to have a roof over your head, clean clothing to wear, and most importantly, food and water to drink before you move toward those other goals. Every house or building needs a foundation, and taking care of your living and biological needs is just as much a part of that foundation as anything you plan to do with your business later. Never put the cart before the horse to where you can no longer use it.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  7. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

You can stay home for the entire month, more months if you like, with holes on the pants, and still make money from your online business. Once you make money, you can get any numbers of pants. Follow your dreams, However, you must be aware that you should never take risks with both of legs in the water.

8. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

Great advice, I agree with you too. To the original poster, make sure you are absolutely sure that you want this and can follow through with your plan. A lot of the time, people make plans that end up costing more or being frustrating. Are you sure you need to spend that much money, though? I think there are alternative ways like Wordpress blog/site and creating a free app. There are tons of resources on the internet for you to use without costing an arm and a leg. To be honest, you could even use that money to secure an English teaching job in Asia and earn more money to work towards your dream for example.